Scheduling & Visits
During your new patient appointment, your doctor will carefully review and discuss your medical history as well as perform any needed physical exams. If you are a good candidate for our services, your doctor will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
The initial new patient appointment, really two 1-hour long appointments with the doctor
What to expect for your initial visit:
- Detailed History
- Online Health Questionnaire
- Recent Lab Test Review (up to 6 months)
- Functional Medicine Assessment and Multiple Systems Questionnaire
- Brain Health Questionnaire
- Comprehensive Physical Exam
- Advanced Functional Neurological Exam
- 60 minutes of one on one time with the doctor
On the second visit, the doctor will discuss a good roadmap or gameplan in order to figure out why you feel the way you do. This appointment the doctor will discuss any follow up labs to order, what they feel confident in helping you with, and total length of time they would want to see you for.
The new patient appointment including a detailed history/exam is $350 USD.
There is a 48 hour cancellation policy on appointments 1 and 2. Because ultimately these appointments require around 2 hours of the doctors time, we require a $75 deposit to hold these times.
This deposit is non-refundable. If you have to reschedule the appointment more than once we reserve the right to ask for a full down payment on the initial appointment.
Billing & Insurance
While we do accept insurance, it may only cover a small portion of care. We are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO only. All other insurances are considered out of network. Typically insurance may cover what you would find at a traditional doctors office, basic blood work and some parts of the visits. More advanced labs and certain aspects of care insurance will not cover – these labs are often needed to address the root causes.
Please bring in your card to your first appointment and our Insurance & Financial Coordinator will be glad to do a complimentary benefits check for you.
- Most lab tests ordered by a Integrative Brain and Body physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Integrative Brain and Body.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Integrative Brain and Body doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Integrative Brain and Body physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Integrative Brain and Body, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Integrative Brain and Body Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
The total out of pocket expense varies from patient to patient. Once the doctor determines whether or not you are a candidate for a program we will break down the total price of your health plan. We also have financing options available to those who qualify. The exact cost of care is explained on the second appointment.
Every patient is different and every plan is customized. On your second appointment the doctor will go over how many visits are required to get you back to your optimal health.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. We offer a complimentary 20 minute Discovery Session to answer any questions you have to determine if our approach is right for you.